Our vision is to excel as a center of health care education that is dedicated to providing medical services to the underserved and rural populations of this intermountain region.
The mission of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MPAS) is to provide a quality medical education, which integrates academic training with the development of essential clinical skills and professionalism. We seek to graduate individuals who are intellectually engaged, analytical, and are committed to providing compassionate health care services, particularly to those in rural and underserved areas of this region.
The goals of the program are to challenge students to:
- Develop core medical knowledge;
- Practice safe, cost-effective medicine;
- Develop valuable observational skills, as well as technical abilities;
- Attain fluency in the language of medicine;
- Master electronic information literacy and technology; and
- Become analytic thinkers dedicated to life-long learning.