Rome & Umbria – October 9-17, 2014
A tour exclusively for RMC alumni, parents, and friends
Pack your bags and come away for a week of beautiful scenery and romantic cities, exquisite cuisine, and wine on a guided tour of Rome and Umbria. Marvel at the Rome "that once was" and the beauty of Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. Travel by private tour bus to Umbria, the"green heart" of Italy. There you will be the guests of the Vasta family at Villa Pieve, a restored country villa dating from the 13th century. During the day, enjoy excursions to Assisi, Siena, Orvieto, Perugia, and Deruta in the comfort of a private bus. In the evening, dine on typical Umbrian fare, with regional wines, prepared by the villa kitchen and served in the taverna (dining room) of Villa Pieve. Each evening, meet for a glass of wine before dinner to discuss the agenda for the following day as well relive the current days activities and share the ongoing adventure. There will be ample time available each day for individual exploration and discovery during the trip.
Included in the tour:
- Private charter bus from Rome and to the Fumincino airport for departure;
- Private charter bus to each city and site while at Villa Pieve;
- Lodging at the Hotel Navona in Rome;
- One dinner as a group in Rome;
- All lodging, breakfast, and dinners at Villa Pieve;
- Wine tasting at Torgiano/ Lungarotti Cantina;
- Admissions to Vatican and Forum in Rome, Duomos in Orvieto, and Siena;
- Prearranged lunches in Assisi and Deruta.
Each individual is responsible for: :
- Air travel to and from Rome, arriving at FCO on October 10 (please make arrangements for a mid-morning arrival);
- Trip cancellation insurance;
- Meals not included on itinerary;
- Museums and site not included on itinerary.
Tour cost is $2,600, with a deposit of $750 due by March 15, 2014.
Deposit and final payment sent to:
52 Hitching Post Road
Bozeman, MT 59715
For inquiries, please email: email@example.com
Tour will be limited to 14 people and will be canceled and deposits refunded if group is less than 10. There will be a cancellation fee of $400 per person if notice is received in writing by May 1, 2014. After that date, no refunds will be given. Final payment of $1,850 will be due July 9, 2014.
For more information, contact Mark Moak, RMC professor of art, at 406.657.1094 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Dave Shumway's photos from last year's trip!