Environmental Studies Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in environmental studies will:
- Become environmentally literate, broadly aware of the types of problems facing the world as well as the local region;
- Study the impact of human actions on the environment;
- Develop an appreciation for the interdisciplinary nature of environmental studies;
- Investigate the complexity of social issues - historical, philosophical, cultural, political and economic - that underlie the formation of environmental policy;
- Cultivate effective communication and critical thinking skills to be applied toward environmental issues; and
- Develop an ethic and attitude of care toward the environment.