Geology Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in geology will be able to:
- Describe geologic relationships using qualitative and quantitative data;
- Develop and test geologic hypotheses using designed data collection;
- Analyze data and use concepts to interpret the order and nature of geologic events;
- Synthesize geologic data and communicate results in oral and written form;
- Apply quantitative skills to solve geologic problems.
Petroleum Geology Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in petroleum geology will be able to:
- Interpret and describe geologic relationship and rock in the field and in lab;
- Develop geologic hypotheses and test these hypotheses through experimentation and/or designed data collection;
- Analyze geologic data and construct and comprehend geologic maps and reports;
- Describe the genesis of petroleum and petroleum-bearing deposits;
- Analyze surface and subsurface data in order to characterize petroleum systems.