Math Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in mathematics will be able to:
- Establish mathematical results using a variety of proof techniques;
- Exhibit knowledge of relevant definitions, techniques, and mathematical results;
- Perform symbolic manipulation of high-level mathematical objects;
- Solve problems involving high-level mathematical objects;
- Solve computational problems algorithmically; and
- Use advanced mathematical techniques to solve problems in real-world situations.