Psychology Student Learning OutcomesStudents who graduate with a major in psychology will be able to:
- Describe basic psychological theories including personality, learning, cognitive, biological/physiological,
social, and psychopathological.
- Apply the processes of scientific inquiry to questions concerning human behavior.
- Outline human development in terms of physiological, social, and environmental influences throughout
- Explain the theories and factors that contribute to psychological dysfunction of individuals and families.
- Perform well as an intern as evaluated by the internship supervisor and faculty mentor.
- Use the APA format appropriately.
- Use the DSM-5 appropriately.
- Use statistics appropriately.
*Also, all psychology students are required to take an internship. Students should be able to perform well in these internships as evaluated by their internship supervisors.