FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RMC academic awards presented at April banquet
BILLINGS, April 10, 2014 – Rocky Mountain College students were honored on April 8 for their academic and civic accomplishments at the 2014 RMC Academic Awards Banquet.
Presented with the prestigious President’s Cup were Caroline Jones, of Roseville, Minn., and Toryn Rogers, of Laurel, Mont. This award is presented by RMC President Bob Wilmouth to two graduating seniors, one female and one male, based on scholarship, leadership, and contributions to the RMC and greater community. Faculty make the selection.
Winning the Dean’s Cup were Casey Naeseth, of Fort Benton, Mont., and Jubal Rife, of Billings, Mont. This award goes to the female and male seniors with the highest cumulative grade point average.
To confer Ossie Abrams Faculty Awards, graduating seniors nominate teachers who “go beyond the call.” Four instructors receiving the highest number of nominations received the 2014 award: Scott Severance, professor of business administration and economics; Robyn Cummings, associate professor of mathematics; Andrew Kirk, professor of English; and Lucas Ward, assistant professor of environmental management and policy.
The following RMC students received their major’s departmental award for academic success:
- Accounting: Andy Riordan, Helena, Mont.
- Art: Sarah Nitschke, Billings, Mont.
- Aviation: Muriel Cole, Silesia, Mont.
- Biology: Senior Year: Melinda Obritschkewitsch, Molt, Mont.
- Business Management: Anton Larsson, Ludvika, Sweden
- Chemistry: Freshman Year: Desmond Fialkosky, Havre, Mont.
- Junior, Research: Jessica Hayes, Henderson, Nev.
- Senior, Research: Gereint Sis, Big Timber, Mont.
- Communication Studies: Sarah Nitschke, Billings, Mont.
- Bob Lyon Speech & Debate: Daniel Parod, Columbus, Mont., & Trent Dugger, Billings, Mont.
- Computer Science:
- Outstanding Freshman: William Bentz, Billings, Mont.
- Outstanding Senior: Jubal Rife, Billings, Mont.
- Education, Elementary: Kelsey Hadley, Baker, Mont.
- Education, Secondary & K-12: Chelsea Scott, Billings, Mont.
- English: Ashley Kautzman, Billings, Mont., & Alexandra Emerson, West Des Moines, Iowa
- Environmental Management & Policy: Aaron Timian, Sitka, Alaska
- Environmental Science: Robert (Bo) Walker, Billings, Mont., & Janice (Simone) Durney, Pocatello, Idaho
- Environmental Studies: Zachery Farrand, Springfield, Mo.
- Equestrian Studies: Kelsey Merriam, Lakewood, Wash.
- Master of Educational Leadership: Peter Halloran, Salt Lake City
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies: Ross Van Brunt, Helena, Mont.
- Mathematics: Daniel Parod, Columbus, Mont.
- Music: Koree MacMurdie, Whitehall, Mont.
- Philosophy: Toryn Rogers, Laurel, Mont.
- Physical Education & Health:
- Athletic Training: Dominque Lloyd-Randolfi, Billings, Mont.
- Exercise Science: Tom Shepard, Goose Creek, S.C.
- Political Science: Katherine Sizemore, Billings, Mont.
- Psychology: Sky Gabel, Edmond, Okla.
- Services for Academic Success: Jerome Rangitsch, Roundup, Mont.
- Theatre Arts:
- Performance Theatre: Delaney Hardy, Red Lodge, Mont.
- Technical Theatre: Kiffin Irwin, Colorado Springs, Colo.