Mission, Goals, Outcomes
The DMSc program aims to promote the physician assistant profession through the enhancement of knowledge in leadership, healthcare policy, quality medical delivery improvement, and research.
- Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and lifelong learning;
- Graduates will demonstrate leadership in medicine appropriate to a physician assistant;
- Graduates will demonstrate competency in clinical medicine appropriate to a physician assistant.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the importance of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice;
- Contribute to the body of medical literature;
- Recognize and describe aspects of quality in patient care;
- Employ techniques and protocols that lead to safe patient care;
- Promote patient safety;
- Communicate effectively in clinical and other medical settings;
- Acknowledge the importance of ethical behavior in medical settings;
- Describe key differences between rural and urban medical practice;
- Identify and manage legal, regulatory, economic, and organizational factors that affect medical practice.