Course Catalog: Degree Requirements
All degree candidates must submit an Application for Graduation to the Office of Student Records.
Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
Note: Bachelor's degree credit requirements were changed effective May 2019 and will appear in the 2019-20 catalog (published Aug 1, 2019).
- A minimum of 120 semester hours is required to earn a bachelor's degree. Certain programs may require more hours to complete all requirements. Students may complete two majors (double major) or add minors to the same degree. See Second Bachelor's Degree for the requirements for earning two bachelor's degrees.
- No more than 64 semester hours (96 quarter hours) are acceptable in transfer from a two-year college.
- Unless being counted toward a major, a maximum of eight credits in applied music, eight credits in ensemble, eight credits in theatre production, or eight credits in physical education activity courses (only two courses in the same physical education activity) may be counted toward graduation. Unless being counted toward the major, no more than a total of 12 of these activity credits can count toward the total credit requirement.
- A candidate must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 for all courses applying to the degree and a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 in all courses taken at Rocky Mountain College (3.0 for education majors).
- Students must complete the core curriculum requirements.
- Students must complete a major with a GPA of at least 2.25 (3.0 for education majors) for all courses taken in the major - not just those in a required minimum. The specific requirements for each major are listed in the academic programs section of the course catalog. The student must complete at least three courses in their major field at Rocky Mountain College.
- At least 39 semester hours must be earned in upper-division courses, including at least 12 in the major field. If a minor is chosen, it must include a minimum of six upper-division semester hours.
- A candidate for a baccalaureate degree must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours at Rocky Mountain College, including at least 20 upper-division semester hours (toward the required 40 semester hours of upper-division credits).
- Twenty-four of the last 30 semester hours required for graduation must be earned at Rocky Mountain College. This requirement may be waived in exceptional cases upon approval of the academic vice president.
A student may earn a second bachelor's degree at Rocky Mountain College by taking a minimum of 150 credits (of which at least 48 must be upper-division) and by completing all requirements for declared majors.
Students may also transfer to Rocky Mountain College to attain a second degree. These students must meet all baccalaureate degree requirements and comply with transfer credit policies.
See the academic programs section of the course catalog for core curriculum and individual program requirements.
Master of Accountancy Degree Requirements
Students who begin the accountancy program as undergraduates will graduate, upon completion of all requirements, with both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Accountancy degree. The entire curriculum consists of 150 semester hours.
Students who enter the accountancy program as baccalaureate degree holders from an institution other than Rocky Mountain College must meet only the Master of Accountancy requirements and will graduate with only the Master of Accountancy.
Students must complete all courses in the professional program with a GPA of at least 2.25.
See the Accountancy section of the course catalog for more information.
Master of Physician Assistant Studies Degree Requirements
See the Physician Assistant section of the course catalog.
Master of Educational Leadership Degree Requirements
See the Educational Leadership section of the course catalog.
Doctor of Occupational Therapy Degree Requirements
See the Occupational Therapy section of the course catalog.