Course Catalog: Degree Requirements
All degree candidates must submit an Application for Graduation to the Office of Student Records.
Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
Note: Bachelor's degree credit requirements were changed effective May 2019 and will appear in the 2019-20 catalog (published Aug 1, 2019).
- A minimum of 120 semester hours is required to earn a bachelor's degree. Certain programs may require more hours to complete all requirements. Students may complete two majors (double major) or add minors to the same degree. See Second Bachelor's Degree for the requirements for earning two bachelor's degrees.
- No more than 64 semester hours (96 quarter hours) are acceptable in transfer from a two-year college.
- Unless being applied toward a major, a maximum of 8 credits each, in applied music, ensemble, theater production, and physical education activity courses.
- A candidate must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00 for all courses applying to the degree and a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 in all courses taken at Rocky Mountain College (3.0 for education majors).
- Students must complete the core curriculum requirements.
- Program requirements are the requirements necessary to earn a specific major or minor. There must be at least 15 unique credits between majors, concentrations, and minors earned by any student.
- Students must complete a major with a GPA of at least 2.25 (3.0 for education majors) for all courses taken in the major - not just those in a required minimum. The specific requirements for each major are listed in the academic programs section of the course catalog. The student must complete at least three courses in their major field at Rocky Mountain College.
- At least 39 semester hours must be earned in upper-division courses, including at least 12 in the major field. If a minor is chosen, it must include a minimum of six upper-division semester hours.
- A candidate for a baccalaureate degree must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours at Rocky Mountain College, including at least 18 upper-division semester hours (toward the required 39 semester hours of upper-division credits).
- Twenty-four of the last 30 semester hours required for graduation must be earned at Rocky Mountain College.
Second Major/Minor in Similar Program
Students may elect to double major in differing programs/concentrations or minor within the same program as the major. Students must have a difference of 15 credits between the major/minors, and all 15 credits must be attributed to one major. Double majors are allowed in different degrees (e.g., BA and BS); however, a student will receive only one degree unless the requirements for a second bachelor's degree are met (see "Second Bachelor's Degree"). Students choosing to double major and/or minor in the same program should exercise caution when selecting programs/concentrations and closely monitor program and elective requirements to meet this standard.
Second Bachelor's Degree
A student may earn a second bachelor's degree at Rocky Mountain College by taking a minimum of 150 credits (of which at least 48 must be upper-division) and by completing all requirements for declared majors.
See the academic programs section of the course catalog for core curriculum and individual program requirements.
Master of Accountancy Degree Requirements
See the Accountancy section of the course catalog for more information.
Master of Physician Assistant Studies Degree Requirements
See the Physician Assistant section of the course catalog.
Master of Educational Leadership Degree Requirements
See the Educational Leadership section of the course catalog.
Doctor of Occupational Therapy Degree Requirements
See the Occupational Therapy section of the course catalog.
Doctor of Medical Science Degree Requirements
See the Medical Science section of the course catalog.