Citation Guides & Tools
Citing can be difficult! Use these guides and tools to make it easier. RMC librarians are happy to help!
- Purdue OWL, MLA: A listing of all the most used rules in MLA along with useful examples and explanations. A major resource!
- How to cite electronic sources in MLA.
- MLA Handbook, 8th Ed. is the complete guide to MLA style and is available in the library.
- Purdue OWL, APA: As with MLA, the OWL compiles a listing of all the most used rules in APA along with useful examples and explanations.
- How to cite electronic sources in APA.
- 10 things you need to know about APA 7th edition. The differences between APA6 and APA 7 explained simply.
- The APA Publication Manual is the complete guide to APA and is available in the library.
- We provide access to the official online guide through our Databases page: American Medical Association Manual of Style
Research Management Tools
All of these amazing tools allow you to easily save research sources and organize them. They also cite things for you!
- RefWorks - Create an account using your RMC email address. Text Guides - Video Guides
- Zotero - Quick Start Guide - Adding Items
- Mendeley - Introduction to the reference manager.
Online Citation Generators
Beware! These can be useful but you should always check the results against the actual rules for your citing style.
- Get Help
- In person