Rocky Mountain College is committed to providing resources on how to manage your money and create financial freedom for our students. It is important to understand where your money is coming from, where it is going, and how to manage it in a way that allows you to achieve all of your goals and dreams. Many students do not have the opportunity to learn financial skills in school or at home. Developing good money management habits will ensure that you are in control of where you go and what you do throughout your life. Knowing how to manage your money will not only help with the successful repayment of your student loans, but it will facilitate success throughout your life.
While we do not endorse particular products or services, these tools and resources can help you successfully manage your finances. It is the responsibility of the user to check references and facts prior to making use of the information. We recommend you seek professional assistance with any major financial decision.
- Get Money Smarts provides students with the information and tools necessary to access and complete postsecondary education.
- Mapping Your Future helps students plan for higher education by offering reliable and unbiased money management advice and counseling.
- Smart About College is dedicated to providing students with the knowledge and tools to pursue and fund their postsecondary education.
- You Can Deal With It provides practical and easy-to-understand advice on how to deal with common financial situations facing today's college students and recent graduates.
- SALT Money provides articles, tools, apps, comics, and videos to help you learn to better manage your money.
You should also be aware that there are education benefits and deductions you may be able to claim on your federal tax return. For details, visit this IRS link: www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf