Custom Script

Virtual Advisor

Future Students - Residence Life FAQ

What is it like to live on campus at RMC?

Rocky Mountain College Residence Life offers students much more than a place to sleep. Students living on campus will enjoy community living and create lasting relationships. The Residence Life staff in each hall strives to create dynamic and educational environments for students to enhance their classroom experience. The four residence halls around campus work to meet the needs of students with a variety of academic backgrounds and class standings. We encourage all students to be part of our on-campus family.

When can I move in?

You may move in on the scheduled check-in date. Due to preparations for students' arrivals before both semesters, unfortunately, early arrivals cannot be accommodated. For a listing of check-in dates and other residence life important events please visit the Residence Life Calendar.  

How do I become a Resident Advisor?

All students who have lived on campus for at least one semester are eligible to apply to be Resident Advisors (RA). The RA application process begins early in the spring semester. If you are interested in becoming an RA, feel free to contact the Director of Residence Life to discuss the details of the position. However, there are other jobs available for students who have not lived on campus for at least one semester. For a full listing of student jobs with the Office of Residence Life, visit our Join Our Team page.

Am I required to live on campus?

All freshman and sophomore students are required to live on campus. Students who meet specific criteria may be exempt from living on campus but are still encouraged to live on campus if possible. For a full list of criteria or to submit a request to live off campus for one of these criteria, complete the Off-Campus Housing Exemption Request Form.

Can I apply to move off campus before my freshman and sophomore year are completed?

Prior to the start of fall semester, students who meet specific criteria may request to move off campus prior to their junior year. For a full list of criteria or to submit a request to live off campus for one of these criteria, complete the Off-Campus Housing Exemption Request Form.

Do I have to have a meal plan at RMC?

All students living in Widenhouse Hall or Anderson Hall are required to have either a Carte Blanche meal plan or a 10-meal plan. Students living in Rimview Hall, Jorgenson Hall, and off campus are welcome to have a meal plan; however, it is not required. For more information regarding food services, visit Sodexo's website.

How long do I have to change my meal plan?

All students can adjust their meal plans in any way until the 5th day of class each semester. Students may increase their meal plans at any time in the semester. To make a change to an existing meal plan or to sign up for a new meal plan, please fill out the online Meal Plan Registration and Change Request Form.

Which residence hall is best for me?

RMC has four unique residence halls that each offer students a safe and comfortable living experience. Traditional age first-year students are required to live in either Widenhouse Hall or Anderson Hall. Sophomore, junior, and senior students are eligible for Rimview Hall. Jorgenson Hall is reserved for students with at least a junior class standing OR 21 years of age or older, graudate students, and students with families. 

For more information regarding each of the RMC residence halls, please refer to the residence hall descriptions.

Is there housing for married students or students with families?

RMC currently provides a limited number of units to accommodate students and their spouses or children in Jorgenson Hall. Due to the limited number, priority is given to current students. For more information regarding our Family Housing please contact the Office of Residence Life.

Is there housing for graduate students?

RMC provides housing to all enrolled students on a first come first serve basis.  Graduate students are assigned in Rimview or Jorgenson Hall.