The Ryniker-Morrison Gallery exhibits the work of RMC students and faculty along with visiting artists for enjoyment, study and research, and enhancement of the art department's current course offerings. The gallery offers a practicum experience for students to learn how to run a gallery and present exhibits that will attract visitors from the RMC and Billings communities.
The Ryniker-Morrison Gallery is located in Technology Hall on the campus of Rocky Mountain College and is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday (closed on school holidays).
For more information, contact Helen Tolliver, gallery director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Fall Semester Exhibit Schedule in Ryniker-Morrison Gallery:
- September 3- 23: “Two Amigos” by Steve Degenhart and Karen Tanner - Opening Reception September 5 from 4-6 p.m.
- September 26 - October 14: Harry Koyama "Retrospective Journey of Texture and Tone" - Opening Reception September 26 from 4-6 p.m.
- October 24 - Dcember 6: RMC Art Student Show - Opening Reception October 24 from 4-6 p.m.
2018 Spring Semester Exhibit Schedule in Ryniker-Morrison Gallery:
- Jan. 11-Feb. 8 "Many Blessings: Kevin Red Star with his daughter Sunny Sky Red Star"
- Feb. 15-March 8 "Red Lodge Clay Center"
- March 15-April 12 "Art Faculty Show"
- April 19-May 4 "Senior Show"
2017 Fall Semester Exhibit Schedule in Ryniker-Morrison Gallery:
- Aug. 31-Sept. 28 "Aware: An Exhibit of Growth thru Art and Cold Mountain Pottery"
- Oct. 5-Nov. 3 "Candace Forrette"
- Nov. 9-Nov. 30 “All Student Show”
2017 Spring Semester Exhibit Schedule in Ryniker-Morrison Gallery:
- Jan 12-Feb 3 "Photo friends" including Ed Barta, Willow Brown, Michael Carl, Pam Gustafson, Cindy Hummel, Allen Powers, Jens Selving and Paul Whiting with new photography - Jan 12 -Opening reception, 4-6 pm
- Feb 9-March 2 "Red Lodge Clay Center"
Feb 9 -Opening reception, 4-6pm
- March 16-April 6 “A Show of Hands” - A calligraphy exhibit from the Big Sky Scribes and affiliated local groups
March 16 -Opening reception, 4-6pm
- April 13-May 6 "Senior Show"
April 13 -Opening reception, 4-6pm
May 5 -Baccalaureate, gallery open 9-4
May 6-Commencement, gallery open 9-4
Past shows and artists that have graced the gallery's walls include:
- Red Lodge Clay Center 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- The Rocky Mountain College Campus: A Visual History
- All Student Show
- The Graduate-including the art of graduates Helen Tolliver, Chad Haspels, Jim Devine, Jennifer McClure
- The Stillwater Society
- Still Life Painting-Connie Herberg, Dana Zier, Elliott Eaton, Robert Tompkins
- Teacher of Art-Leo Olson, Carolyn Thayer, Diana Mysse, Russell Walks, Adrianne Becker, Tori Wardrip, Mary Knapp,Phyllis Kindelman, Rachel Larson Long, Kate Morris
- “Crafting Change Through Cloth by Peruvian Women of Pamplona”
- Buffalo Art Press
- Richard Helzer
- John Giarrizzo “Between the Lines”
- Bob Morrison Memorial exhibit
- MT-ID Studio Quilt Assoc
- Jean Albus
- Amy Dean “Korea 1953”
- Drawings-Connie Herberg, Candace Forrette, Elliott Eaton
- Big Sky Scribes
- Computer Science
- Yellowstone Calligraphers Guild
- Also Faculty Shows- biannual shows
- All Student Shows-annual shows
- Art Majors and Minors Shows
- Senior Shows-annual shows
Others previous exhibits have included:
Heather Doggett; Art of Survival; St. Labre Students; Baken & Hamm; New Relationships; MIXX III; Bob Manchester; SALTMINE; Kaleidoscope; RMC Senior Shows; RMC Faculty Shows; Jerry Iverson; Weiss & Saldana; Mark Moak; Serge Levy; WAV (quilters); Phoebe Knapp; Kaleidoscope II; Corby Skinner; Troy Evans; David Peters; Katie Knight; Kaleidoscope III; Myths, Folklore, and Dreams; and Montana's Last Wilderness.