FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RMC Media Team, 406.657.1105, email@example.com
Rocky Mountain College academic awards presented at April banquet
BILLINGS, April 15, 2015 – Rocky Mountain College students were honored on April 14 for their academic and civic accomplishments at the 2015 RMC Academic Awards Banquet.
Presented with the prestigious President’s Cup were Nancy Robinson of Stoughton, Wis., and Daniel Parod of Columbus, Mont. This award is presented by RMC President Bob Wilmouth to two graduating seniors, one female and one male, based on scholarship, leadership, and contributions to RMC and the greater community. Faculty make the selection.
Winning the Dean’s Cup were Caitrin Smith of Kennebunkport, Maine, and Jerome Rangitsch of Roundup, Mont. This award goes to the female and male seniors with the highest cumulative grade point average.
For the Ossie Abrams Faculty Awards, graduating seniors nominated teachers who “go beyond the call.” Four instructors receiving the highest number of nominations received the 2015 award: Tim Lehman, professor of history and political science; Ambrin Masood, professor of psychology; Shelby Jo Long-Hammond, professor of communication studies; and Dan Albrecht, professor of biology.
The following RMC students received their major’s departmental award for academic success:
- Master of Educational Leadership: Jason Reimer (Red Lodge, Mont.)
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies: Austin O’Shea (Billings, Mont. & Red Lodge, Mont.) & Elizabeth Gerstner (Billings, Mont.)
- Accounting: Mack Thayer (Bozeman, Mont.)
- Business: Jerome Rangistch (Roundup, Mont.)
- Art: Christopher Scoles (Billings, Mont.) & Laura Wemple (Missoula, Mont.)
- Aviation Studies: Linda Gutmann (Billings, Mont.)
- Biology: Erin Burns (Larkspur, Colo.)
- Chemistry: Rachael Hart (Kalispell, Mont.) & Kaelee Hale (Billings, Mont.)
- Communication Studies: Kimberly Heggem (Billings, Mont. & Denton, Mont.)
- Speech and Debate: Holly Todd (Roundup, Mont.) & Nancy White (Laurel, Mont.)
- Computer Science: Ayla Grandpre (Laurel, Mont.) & Will Lowery (Laurel, Mont.)
- Education Elementary: Anna Dewald (Windsor, Colo.)
- Education Secondary: Taylor Kufeld (Billings, Mont.)
- English: Jennifer Donaldson (Pocatello, Idaho) & Lindi Griffel (Laurel, Mont.)
- Environmental Management and Policy: Brent Brumfield (Billings, Mont. & Murrieta, Calif.)
- Environmental Science: Thoneta Bond (Malta, Mont.), Zach Farrand (Billings, Mont.) & Matthew DeWit (Billings, Mont.)
- Environmental Studies: Renee Seacor (Billings, Mont. & Ossining, N.Y.)
- Equestrian Studies: Erin Burns (Larkspur, Colo.)
- Geology: Stacy Hendricks (Billings, Mont.) & Tyler Black (Billings, Mont. & Waterford, Pa.)
- Health and Human Performance: Ellie Hellerud (Red Lodge, Mont.) & Isaac McCreery (Buhl, Idaho)
- History: Kasha Caprata (Hardin, Mont.) & Caitrin Smith (Kennebunkport, Maine)
- Mathematics: Will Lowery (Laurel, Mont.)
- Music: Tiffany Personett (Havre, Mont.)
- Philosophy: Blake Brightman (Ellisville, Mo.)
- Political Science: Maryrose Milkovich (Clyde Park, Mont.)
- Psychology: Treve Icenoggle (Billings, Mont.) & Lynn Green (Glenn Mills, Pa.)
- Theatre Arts: Teresa Sarkela (Laurel, Mont.) & Broderick Cornett (Ennis, Mont.).