New Student Orientation
Fall 2020 New Student Arrival and Orientation
Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the schedule and various events for RMC New Student Orientation may be adjusted, changed, or cancelled as directed. Check back here for regular updates.
RMC’s New Student Orientation is a three-day experience designed to:
- acclimate you to the academic and social culture you will encounter;
- connect you to important faculty and staff members before classes begin;
- familiarize you with our campus and the Billings area.
Our main purpose for Orientation is to assist new students in making positive transitions to college life by preparing them for success in the classroom and within the greater RMC community. At Orientation, you will interact with your classmates, faculty, staff, and student leaders who will support you throughout your college career. You’ll explore the surrounding area, make new friends, and have a lot of fun!
All new students will participate in New Student Orientation on August 29-30, 2020; you can download a .pdf with the tentative schedule here. Your arrival date will be influenced by any fall sport or specific program in which you are participating. Please take a look at these dates then RSVP for you and your guests’ arrival once confirmed.
New Student Arrival Days:
- August 10, 2020 - Football *
- August 17, 2020 - Aviation Majors in Flight Group 1*
- August 21, 2020 - Volleyball and Soccer *
- August 28, 2020 - Residence Hall Check-in for those who are not listed above *
- August 29, 2020 - New students not living in the Residence Halls **
* Parents and family members are invited to join their students on these arrival dates. Family sessions will take place alongside the student sessions.
Friday, August 28: Residence Hall Move-in (for those not part of an early arrival group listed above)
On-campus students will have the afternoon and evening to get settled in your new home.
Saturday, August 29: Get Connected to Rocky Mountain College
Our official Welcome to Rocky program begins in the morning. The afternoon will have plenty of time to take care of any last-minute business, lunch with the RMC President, and social events created to get you connected to student leaders and peers. The evening’s program is designed to get you more acquainted with peers and student leaders.
Sunday, August 30: Academic Preparation
Students will have an opportunity to meet your faculty members and academic advisor as well as connect with a variety of students and staff members dedicated to supporting your academic success.
Monday, August 31: Classes Begin