RMC is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Accountant I. The individual occupying this position will be involved in entering and evaluating payroll data, preparing journal entries, reconciling and analyzing various account balances, assisting in the preparation of financial statements, and performing additional tasks of the job as necessary. This position requires the ability to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and posting pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
This is a full time exempt position.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or experience:
- A four year accounting degree is required for this position. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Key Competencies / Skills Necessary for Job Performance:
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action and monitoring / assessing information used in the process of financial and compliance reporting.
- Planning, Organizing, Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience and use of proper grammar within the English language.
- Attention to detail and accuracy - Paying special attention to ensure all totals are tied to subsidiary accounting systems, separate schedules or tracking, and supplemental schedules to financials.
- Teamwork - Being a team player includes helping balance the workload as well as providing clear, accurate and honest information to other co-workers and other constituents outside of the department.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave accrual benefits.
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
Position is open until filled.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.