Airframe & Power Plant Certified Mechanic (part time)
Flight Operations at the Billings Airport
Minimum of three years General Aviation aircraft experience required. Inspect aircraft for component defects; perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly and adjustment of various aircraft components. Test aircraft operations and identify system malfunctions. Adjust, align and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges and provided test equipment. Perform routine Maintenance such as oil changes, tires and brakes, battery systems, etc. Perform aircraft 100 Hour Inspections - Annual Inspections if I/A certificated according to established Maintenance Manuals and Checklists. Perform routine Maintenance operations, replacement of power plant and associated components - diagnose and repair aircraft engines to include system test and operation. Order supplies, equipment, materials and parts for repairs and general maintenance. Keep detailed Maintenance records and documentation of work performed to maintain all company and FAA requirements. Rocky Mountain College specific maintenance requirements and procedures will be provided through on-the job training.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- FAA Airframe and Power plant Certification (3 years minimum experience General Aviation)
- High School Diploma with aviation specific training
- Minimum of three years' experience on General Aviation aircraft
- Fluent in English
- Read and utilize blueprints, maintenance manuals, ATA codes, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins and other maintenance documents to troubleshoot and complete work assignments
- This is a part-time (25 hours/week) and is eligible for benefits such as medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short time disability, life and vacation/sick leave
To apply, submit a letter of interest, résumé, a list of three (3) references, and the Rocky Mountain College application. Submit required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
Position is open until filled.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.