Employment opportunity for admissions counselor
Director of Admissions
Non Exempt - OT Eligible
Commensurate with experience
Rocky Mountain College, a small liberal arts institution in Billings, Montana, is accepting applications for an Admissions Counselor. This role is responsible for the outreach, recruitment, and counseling of prospective students in an assigned geographical territory through the entirety of the recruitment funnel.
We seek an individual who is competitive, outgoing, team-oriented, and willing to make a difference.
- The regular hours for this full-time position can be unconventional. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours will occasionally be required. Travel will be required. Office hours will vary due to the needs of the College, division, and prospective students needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage an assigned recruitment market
- Promote the College through presentations at college fairs, high school visits and other campus events
- Provides potential students and their parents with information about the college in a broad, all-inclusive manner, including areas such as academic major choice, co-curricular activities, housing, financial aid and scholarship opportunities and awards, and on-campus participation in traditional events.
- Establish and maintain telephone, email, digital and written communication with prospective students and their parents.
- Provides informative and appropriate financial aid counseling regarding federal and state financial aid, institutional and private scholarship opportunities and student financial services
- Participates in on-campus recruitment activities, including Preview Day programs, group visits, New Student Orientation and other programs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to develop goals/objectives.
- Excellent oral (including public speaking) and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare effective written communications, utilizing correct grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrate technology proficiency with various software applications.
- Strong organizational skills including an ability to start and stop tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to perform with diplomacy, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to perform outlined job descriptions.
Billings, Montana is the largest city in Montana and Northern Rockies offering a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities. Connected to eight major airport hubs, Billings is referred to as Montana’s Trailhead and is ranked as one of top best cities to start a new career, one of the top 50 most bicycle friendly cities, and third best city to raise a family.
Submit letter of interest, resume, a list of three references, and the Rocky Mountain College application via email to email@example.com or mail to:
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, MT 59102.
Position is open until filled.