Information Technology Technician / IT Help Desk Administrator
Rocky Mountain College, a small liberal arts institution in Billings, Montana, is accepting applications for an Information Technology Technician / IT Help Desk Administrator.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide customer service and support in a higher education environment via phone, e-mail, remote assistance and walk-up
- Assist with the delivery of remote and distance learning by:
- Removing administrative barriers to improve access for resident student
- Ensuring equal access to all students
- Support and enhancing quality of online instruction
- Work with non-technical faculty, staff and students in troubleshooting and resolving technical matters
- Provide technical support for online services, software and hardware, client/server applications, LAN/WAN/wifi networks and mobile computingAssume responsibility and follow through to resolve customer issues in a timely manner, and keep the customer informed during the process
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Work in a team environment focused on providing excellent customer service
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a 4 year college or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience with Windows 10 and at least one version of MAC OS
- Ability to solve problems; ability to work both independently and as a part of a team; ability to prioritize.
- Must possess uncommon patience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with users of all skill levels is essential
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave accrual benefits.
Billings, Montana is the largest city in Montana and Northern Rockies offering a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities. Connected to eight major airport hubs, Billings is referred to as Montana’s Trailhead and is ranked as one of top best cities to start a new career, one of the top 50 most bicycle friendly cities, and third best city to raise a family.
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
Position is open until filled.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.