Information Technology Technician-Classroom Technology / Instructional Support Administrator
Rocky Mountain College, a small liberal arts institution in Billings, Montana, is accepting applications for a Information Technology Technician-Classroom Technology / Instructional Support Administrator.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Classroom Instructional Technology and coordinate the delivery of technology support for classroom systems and instructional technology
- Assist with the delivery of remote and distance learning by:
- Removing administrative barriers to improve access for resident students;
- Ensuring equal access to all students;
- Supporting and enhancing quality of online instruction.
- Setup and assist faculty with equipment in instructional spaces
- Provide support to students and faculty on the use of technology for instruction, including third-party software tools, audio/video recording, webcasting, distance learning and video-conferencing
- Provide instructional support to ensure instructional delivery with technology, instructional materials design and production, and course building
- Provide administration of the learning management systems and video conferencing tools
- Process and schedule faculty requests for classroom support services
- Provide IT Helpdesk support for students/faculty in the use and troubleshooting of instructional technology in person and by phone, email, and web conferencing
- Setup and operate AV equipment for meetings, presentations, events, performances, video streaming, and videoconferencing support
- A Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a 4 year college or University preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience in end-user technical support with AV equipment and on-line/LMS applications
- Knowledge and experience with supporting and programming A/V Control systems (Extron strongly preferred) hardware and software
- Experience working with classroom display technology and classroom audio solutions
- The ability to read and interpret classroom design plans and diagrams is required
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave accrual benefits.
Billings, Montana is the largest city in Montana and Northern Rockies offering a wide variety of outdoor and cultural activities. Connected to eight major airport hubs, Billings is referred to as Montana’s Trailhead and is ranked as one of top best cities to start a new career, one of the top 50 most bicycle friendly cities, and third best city to raise a family.
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
Position is open until filled.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.