A transcript is a comprehensive record of your academic progress, including transfer courses, credit earned by exam, and earned degrees. Your name appears on your transcript as it appears on your college record. Name changes can be made, with appropriate documentation, through the Office of Student Records.
Official RMC Transcripts
- Official transcripts include the college seal (unless an electronic copy is requested) and the signature of the registrar.
- Official transcripts are ordered and tracked online through the National Student Clearinghouse. See "How to Order an Official Transcript" below for instructions.
- Transcript requests are processed between normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time. Processing may take longer during peak times.
- Official transcripts are not issued to students with financial holds. You can check your hold status by visiting CampusPortal. See how to pay or call the Office of Student Accounts at 406.657.1016 for more information.
- Confirmed orders left unpaid for more than 60 days will be canceled.
How to Order an Official Transcript
- Go to the National Student Clearinghouse online transcript ordering center.
- Leave the "Track Your Order" box blank (it will autofill). Scroll down and click green "Start" button. Follow the instructions.
- Use the "special instructions" box to hold for grades/degree or for other special processing (see examples, below).
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- If you need help or have questions about the transcript ordering center, contact the National Student Clearinghouse at email@example.com or call 703.742.7791.
Cost for Transcripts and Delivery Options
- Mailed or picked up: $11.25 ($9 for transcript + $2.25 online processing fee)
- See "Hold for Pick-Up" below for additional information
- Electronic delivery: $13.00 (no additional charge for rush order)
- Rush Fed Ex delivery: $45.25 (includes $34 FedEx domestic overnight fee - international fee may vary)
- The deadline for requesting overnight delivery is 12:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
Note - Effective September, 2019, the Clearinghouse online processing fee will increase by 25 cents on all orders.
Use the "special instructions" box in the online ordering form for additional instructions, such as:
- Hold until semester grades have been recorded
- Hold until degree is recorded
- Submit transcript with a special form provided separately (such as required by CASPA, PTCAS, etc.)
- Fax transcript via MACRAO fax (Montana only). It is the responsibility of the student to ask the college/university in Montana if they accept faxed transcripts as official.
- Authorized release to a third-party (name of someone you give permission to pick up your transcript for you)
Hold for Pick-Up
Your official transcript will be issued to you in a sealed envelope with "Issued to Student" and "Unofficial if Opened" stamped across the back flap.
- You must present a state-issued photo ID or passport when you pick up your transcript.
- You will be notified by email when your transcript is ready.
- You may pick up your at the Office of Student Records, Eaton Hall, on the Rocky Mountain College campus during normal business hours.
- You may authorize another person to pick up your official transcript.
- Please note their name in the "special instructions" box.
- They will need to bring a state-issued photo ID or passport that identifies them as the person authorized in your transcript request.
An unofficial transcript lists all of a student's coursework, but does not include the college seal or the signature of the registrar. Students may access their unofficial transcript via CampusPortal. The Office of Student Records may not release a student's unofficial transcript to a third party without the student's signed permission.
How to Obtain an Unofficial RMC Transcript
- Go to CampusPortal and log in.
- Look for the "Academics" tab on the left.
- Click on "Degree Audit."
- Open the pdf file called "unofficial transcript."
- If unable to access via download, contact Office of Student Records for assistance.
If you are seeking to transfer credits to Rocky Mountain College from another institution, contact the school you attended and request an official transcript to be sent to Rocky Mountain College in Billings, MT. In order to be official, the transcript must either be mailed or sent electronically from the school directly to RMC, or arrive in an unopened sealed/stamped envelope. Undergraduate students should have transcripts sent to Admissions (for new, incoming students) or to Student Records (for students who are currently attending or have attended RMC previously). Graduate students should have transcripts sent to the appropriate Graduate Program office. See also Transfer and Non-traditional Credit.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckly Amendment) (FERPA), sets forth the guidelines for the release of student records to other parties. Under this federal law, students have the right to inspect their records and correct any inaccuracies that might be found in them. Access to the record by anyone other than the student is limited and generally requires prior written consent by the student. The College will maintain confidential records, in accordance with FERPA.
All records submitted for a student's file become the property of the College and a part of the student's permanent record. High school transcripts, transcripts from other colleges, test scores, immunization records, and other similar documents are not released for any reason to any person and/or institution, including the student. See the "Student Records" section of the Course Catalog for additional information.
Questions about the College's release of student education records policies should be directed to:
Rocky Mountain College
Office of Student Records
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, MT 59102