RMC Coronavirus Information
This web page will be updated regularly. We encourage you to check it frequently for important updates. Please click on the links below for information.
Rocky Mountain College is joining other educational institutions in Montana to take steps to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and help protect the health and safety of our students and community.
Though this is an evolving situation and we must observe all current or new local, state, or federal orders, we are actively putting plans into place to safely have our campus open including the residence halls, food service, and other essential College functions open for students this upcoming fall semester. Announcements regarding a safe fall semester opening will be coming soon. Please check back often for updates.
- September 28, 2020 - The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services maintains a weekly report of Current and Past COVID-19 activity for all Schools and Universities in Montana. The report is updated every Wednesday evening. If you would like to review RMC’s reported cases please follow this link - https://dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/cdepi/diseases/coronavirusmt/demographics
(Once on the DPHHS website use their “Additional information on COVID-19 in Montana schools” link to access the full report.)
You can take simple steps to limit the spread of this or any virus:
CDC Recommendations to Prevent Spread of Disease
- Stay home when you are sick (and until your symptoms are gone).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is unavailable, use the inside of your elbow, never your hand.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have a fever, cough or have trouble breathing:
- Seek medical care. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
- Tell your doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others.
If you're worried about whether you may have COVID-19, please call the Riverstone Health Coronavirus Hotline at 406.651.6415
National / Local Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Riverstone Health - https://riverstonehealth.org/public-health-preventing-disease/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- Riverstone Health Coronavirus Hotline - 406.651.6415
- Montana Health & Human Services State Updates - https://dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/cdepi/diseases/coronavirusmt
- Governor's Coronavirus Task Force - https://covid19.mt.gov/
- Rocky Mountain College Quarterly Fund Report, Dept. of Education CARES Act Grant 4-10-21
- Rocky Mountain College Quarterly Fund Report, Dept. of Education CARES Act Grant
- Rocky Mountain College Second 45 Day Fund Report, Dept. of Education CARES Act Grant
- Rocky Mountain College First 45 Day Fund Report, Dept. of Education CARES Act Grant
- Rocky Mountain College 30 Day Fund Report, Dept. of Education CARES Act Grant
- COVID-19 Relief Aid - Information on the CARES Act: Higher Education Relief Fund
- Bookstore COVID-19 Student Update
- Bookstore - Textbook Rental Check-ins / Returns
- COVID-19 Resources for Wellbeing
- Distance Education Guidelines - RMC OTD Program
- RMC Housing COVID-19 FAQ
- Illness Self Report Form
- RMC Policies / Practices for the Fall 2020 Semester
- Supporting Mental Health - RMC OTD Program
- Rocky Mountain College HEERF Quarterly Report - 09/30/20
- Rocky Mountain College HEERF Quarterly Report - 12/31/20
- Rocky Mountain College HEERF Quarterly Report - 03/31/21
- Rocky Mountain College Quarterly Fund Report, Dept. of Education CARES Act Grant 10-10-20
- Student Health Center - 406.657.1068
- RMC Human Resources - 406.657.1043
- On-Call Staff (Housing, Campus Safety, Facilities) - 406.238.SAFE (7233)
- Setting Up Moodle - https://youtu.be/CVUl69I5F-Q
- Using Google Meet - https://youtu.be/hZKafYyDDCw
- Writing Center Video Tutoring
- Bookstore COVID-19 Faculty Update
- CARES Act provisions affecting RMC Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols Zoom Video (password: fYrdQ!2#)
- COVID-19 Standards of Safety Agreement
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Montana resources for those in need of assistance
- RMC Families First Coronavirus Response Act Expanded Sick Leave Policy
- RMC Families First Coronavirus Response Act Expanded Sick Leave Request Form
- Teladoc Coronavirus FAQ