Administrative Assistant - Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
Rocky Mountain College is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD) program. This position is responsible for performing office duties. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings, obtaining supplies, direct mailings, and working on special projects. This position will also be responsible for assisting with continuous self-assessment and accreditation maintenance process and managing all correspondence, requirements and contracts for Rocky Mountain College OTD program students.
The faculty member is primarily responsible for teaching graduate-level courses, advising and mentoring students for research and doctoral experience; facilitating experiential/community-based components of the OTD curriculum; participating in program and institutional committees and other service activities that support the mission of the college. Faculty members are encouraged to engage in clinical practice, if applicable, and must develop an agenda relative to research and/or scholarly activity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required and/or 2-3 years of experience; A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
- Must have knowledge of administrative procedures and excellent command of the English language.
- Efficient in the use of computer and proficient in word processing software, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with fiscal management including budgeting, monitoring of accounts, monthly reconciliation of accounts, and closeout of accounts.
- Demonstrated experience with website maintenance and design, as well as using database, spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, electronic calendar and e-mail software. Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience composing, formatting and proofing business/academic correspondence, reports, presentations, and general office materials.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex and varied workload, schedule meetings, take minutes, respond to constituent requests, and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Consistently exercise initiative, judgment and time management skills with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate competence interpreting, explaining, and communicating detailed information, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of customers internal and external to the organization.
- Perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy, and represent the department and RMC to others in a professional and courteous manner.
- This position is highly visible and client-centered; the person in this position must possess the skills to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally to the department and tactfully and diplomatically respond to a variety of clientele.
This position is full-time and is eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, vacation, sick leave and tuition remission.
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
Position has a start date of 8/1/2019.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.