Disabilities Services Coordinator/Academic Specialist
Rocky Mountain College is seeking a full time, highly motivated team player for the position of Disabilities Services Coordinator/Specialist. The Disabilities Services Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that RMC provides appropriate accommodations and services to students with disabilities. In compliance with all federal and state laws related to disabilities.
- Collect disability documentation and design accommodations for RMC Students. Ability to interpret psychological, educational and/or medical documentation required for determination of accommodations.
- Conducts student intake process including review and evaluation of disability documentation to determine eligibility for services and designs accommodation plans for RMC students.
- Oversees Accommodated Testing Center for students with testing accommodations.
- Coordinates note takers for students with notetaking accommodations.
- Maintain familiarity with state-of-the-art technology and services relevant to disability areas.
- Converts textbook materials into alternative formats for qualified students.
- A working knowledge of various disabilities is important. Intermediate knowledge of disability laws as they pertain to higher education and students with disabilities. Communicating disability service standards to RMC staff, faculty and administration to ensure compliance with ADA.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues is important.
- Maintains confidential records of accommodations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, certifications, and experience necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree in Disabilities, Special Education, Psychology, Counseling, Assistive Technology, or a related field.
Bachelor’s degree from four year college/university and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Other Skills and Abilities
Experience on computers, hardware and software selection is necessary. Exposure to Assistive Technology is also helpful.
This position is full-time and is eligible for benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, vacation, sick leave and tuition remission, including children of the employee.
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, Montana 59102-1796
Position is open until filled.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women.