Medical Director/Assistant Professor of PA Studies
MEDICAL DIRECTOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (PA)
Physician Assistant Program
This is a part-time (20 hours per week) faculty appointment to the school of Allied Health/Physician Assistant Program. The medical director is responsible for providing continuous competent medical guidance in the didactic and clinical components of the Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS). Curriculum to ensure instruction and experience commensurate with current clinical practices is provided. Furthermore, the medical director is responsible for serving as a liaison to the medical community as a program advocate. As a member of the core faculty, the Medical Director must also assume an active role in the selection of applicants to the program, provision of student instruction and evaluation of student performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medical (D.O.) required.
- Extensive clinical experience (primary care preferred).
- Prior experience in supervising or working with practicing graduate Physician Assistants.
- Knowledge of current and future Physician Assistant practice standards and roles.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Current physician licensure in the state of Montana
- ABMS- or AOA- approved specialty board certified
- A valid driver’s license is needed for this position
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, planning, administrative, and organizational skills; computer skills; ability to perform clinical medicine duties in teaching and in clinical practice; prior teaching experience preferred; ability to evaluate student performance on clinical rotations; flexibility in abilities to perform other duties as needed.
Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave accrual benefits.
Rocky Mountain College
1511 Poly Drive
Billings, MT 59102.
Position is open until filled.